Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2013 Brooks 10k race

Alhamdulillah. 

My 2nd race of the year has been completed successfully with me creating my personal best for 10km race. Although i finished the last 10k race, the Melawati10k in just 48min, the route was only for a good 8k. (so its kinda cheated to say its 10k) But this time, with a help of gps sports app software, the distance was about right. This time i managed to finished in 56 min and 41 seconds. My personal best ever. Because i did not run with my phone, so i can't really tell my fastest pace through out the race. but for avg pace, it is 5.40 min/km. An average of 20 seconds faster than my normal 6 min pace for training. It's probably because of the adrenaline and the 'motivation' that are there during the race. hehe. But considering the fact that i do sprint my way in my first 2km, i believe that i did faster, im thinking like 3min/km pace for the first 2km. and that covers back my slow pace at the end of the race(about 7min/km).

Overall, i was satisfied with my result. Sooo happy with it ^^ Although i did not train properly prior to the race, i managed to did well with the timing. I guess now i have a benchmark, something to beat for the next races. Probably trying to do less than 50min? with enough training, insyaallah.

So whats next? To be frank, I'm not even sure it myself. If my internship period was non-hectic and i can have all the time in the weekends and weekday evening, i guess i could do a couple more 10k. probably a 21km in the end of the year? Its possible.hehehe


post-race. felt so sexy running in vest for the first time. but what the hell. just go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment